Many people have said that January felt like a year in itself, and in some ways, I agree. It was incredibly long, and I am so thankful February is here - more than that, I feel like I made a lot of positive changes in my life in the past 31 days. I know January always tries hard because of New Year, but this time it felt different.
I committed myself to posting a YouTube video every day (29/31 ain't bad!) and I did my best to make consistent content of which I was proud. Even though I *technically* lost subscribers for it, I felt really pleased with all the videos I posted. I'm hoping that by starting the year strong in being consistent, I can do that for the next 11 months too. I'm hoping to commit each month to a different part of my life while also carrying over the things I learned in those months. For instance, last month I made a video every day, and this month I hope to post a video once a week. In February my focus is shifting to writing - hence this blog - and I want to finish up a second draft of a poetry collection I've been working on.
Maybe it was all the crises I had last year, but I feel like I'm already doing better in 2018. I'm feeling positive about life in a way I haven't felt in a while. Like, even though I don't have everything figured out or planned, I can at least take care of myself and go from there. (I've been trying to drink like four 15oz water bottles a day and even though it's only been happening for like 3 days, I'm really pleased with myself!)
As we shift into February resolutions, here's a playlist of the songs I've been enjoying this past month. It's all on Spotify & I'll be hopefully keeping this up throughout the year, so stay tuned for next month's!
- The Greatest Show - The Greatest Showman
- The Great Comet of 1812 - Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812
- Balance - Future Islands
- Comeback Kid - The Band Perry
- The Other Side - The Greatest Showman
- 5000 Candles in the Wind - Parks & Recreation
- Catch Your Dream - Parks & Recreation
- The Mistake - AM Taxi
- The Last of the Real Ones - Fall Out Boy
- Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
- If I Believe You - The 1975
- Bad Blood - NAO
- Curious - Hayley Kiyoko
- Imaginary Parties - SUPERFRUIT
- She's American - The 1975
- Reckless Love - Elle King
- I'm Ready to Move On - Susanna Hoffs
- Fluorescent Light - Stars
- It Gets Better - Fun.
- Bullet - Steel Train
- Sober Up - AJR
- Weak - AJR