As far as Februraries go, this one was rather enjoyable. I dug into some new music and watched a lot of films. (My favorite remains Black Panther.) We also have had some changes in my house, with girls moving in and out, and I feel like there's this new fresh energy there that wasn't there before.
The focus for this month was my writing, and I actually ended up finishing a second draft of my poetry collection! I didn't do nearly as much writing as I should have, and I still haven't touched my fiction WIP, but I'm very proud of all the work I've done on the poems I've been writing. I sent off a potentially important email about it too, so fingers crossed.
I felt some of my demons from last Spring creep up on me, but I think having friends around and trips to plan has really put me back in a groove. Part of me can still feel the echoes of last falls traumas, but every day I feel like I'm getting closer to who I want to be. At the very least, 2018 is all about making positive changes, and I'm grateful for that.
March looks like it's going to be absolutely packed with fun things, so hopefully I can find some music to match my mood! Until then, here's what I was listening to in February (mostly That's the Spirit, The Click, and How Big How Blue How Beautiful...)
- "Avalanche" - Bring Me the Horizon
- "True Friends" - Bring Me the Horizon
- "Oh No" - Bring Me the Horizon
- "Third Eye" - Florence + the Machine
- "Alone" - Halsey
- "Drown (New)" - Bring Me the Horizon
- "Wolves" - Selena Gomez & Marshmello
- "I'm Ready" - AJR
- "I'm Not Famous" - AJR
- "All the Stars" - Kendrick Lamar & SZA
- "Delilah" - Florence + the Machine
- "Queen of Peace" - Florence + the Machine
- "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful" - Florence + the Machine
- "No Grass Today" - AJR
- "Drama - AJR